Lieutenant Kevin L. Gerber was hired by the Decatur Police Department in 2006 as a patrol officer. Prior to that he served as a Decatur Reserve Officer from 2001 to 2006. He also worked at the Adams County Sheriff’s Department as a Jail Officer from 2000 to 2006. In January 2017 Kevin volunteered for the assignment of North Adams Community School Resource Officer and served in that capacity until October 2017 when he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant. Kevin has attended a variety of specialized training courses throughout his career, all of which are not listed;
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Graduate with Basic Class 07-171
- The Midwest Gang Investigators Association
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Breath Test for Intoxication Cert.
- John E. Reid and Associates “The Reid Technique of Criminal interviews and interrogation”
- ARIDE (Advance Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement)
- SFST Instructor through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- STOPS Instructor through ProTrain Inc.
- National Association of School Resource Officers
- Kevin has also served several terms as the FOP Lodge #127 President, Decatur PD reserve liaison officer, and is currently sits on the Decatur Reserve Board.
Promoted to Lieutenant October 2019